Another month of getting through loads of empties. I’m finding all the travel sized products I have from Kosmea are incredibly useful for overnights and trips across to Melbourne, while I have tried quite a lot from the range I will still continue to buy the Daily Facial Exfoliant and Hydrating Rosewater mist but I wasn’t that blown away by the cleansers and moisturisers. I have the Kosmea Rosehip Oil as well but haven’t tried it yet so I will reserve judgement on that until I’ve tried it out for a while. I really need to get around to doing a complete review of Kosmea soon for all of my readers as I’m very impressed by their products and service.
(These products got used up while I was in Melbourne for ten days at the start of February and so they were photographed individually while I was over there rather than saving them all until the end of the month).
- Johnsons Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes x25 – My holy grail facial wipes because they can remove stubborn eye makeup.
- Scandal Cucumber Collagen Mask – Picked this up while shopping in Melbourne and I really like it, was also very inexpensive too.
- Colgate Total Toothpaste 45gram – A small sized toothpaste that I get given all the time by my dentist, great for travel.
- Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap – I’m pretty sure this was from a Lust Have It! subscription box and I thought it smelled gorgeous, it was moisturising and made my skin smell amazing. It was pretty small so it only lasted me about a week but I’m tempted to buy some more of this even though I tend to prefer body washes to soaps.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Rice Mask - Wasn’t a huge fan of this mask but I love trying out all different sheet masks.
- Scandal Brightening Aloe Collagen Mask – I love collagen masks and this was no exception, got it for $2.50 so I’m very impressed.
- L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Instant Miracle Restoring Treatment – This was a sample sachet therefore I can’t really form an opinion on it after just one use, can’t remember what it even smelled like to be honest so it didn’t leave much of an impression on me.
- Kerastase Shampoo and Conditioner – Had a whole pile of these turn up in a Lust Have It! box and I despise sachets like this because I always forget to cut them open with scissors before I hop in the shower and they’re impossible to tear open once your hands are wet. Queue me ripping into them with my teeth in frustration and opening it the tiniest pinhole and trying to squeeze it out AARGH!
- Dr Bronner’s Citrus Orange Pure-Castile Soap – This smelled amazing, made with organic oils and was beautifully moisturising. I need more of this!
- Dr Bronner’s Lavender Coconut Organic Lotion – I’m not huge on lavender scents but this was really pretty and moisturised beautifully.
- Innoxa Restore Body Wash 350ml – I didn’t really love this, it did the job but it didn’t smell amazing or anything.
- Rexona Women Cotton Fresh Spray Deodorant 30g – A travel sized deodorant to live in my work bag, does the job.
- Schwarzkopf Strong Styling Hairspray 100g – I have a couple of issues with this hairspray, first of all it has a rating out of five on the bottom of the can going from one to five so if this was a maximum hold as it claims to be it would be the highest number five, however the number four is highlighted. Also this hairspray builds up in my hair leaving it sticky and disgusting, will not be buying again.
- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Eliminating Foaming Cleanser 175ml – Love this product after I ran out of this I purchased the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser to mix it up but it didn’t get my makeup off or prevent my skin from breaking out so I just caved in and bought this again.
- Origins Purifying Tonic 150ml – This was a really nice toner and smells really good and I normally don’t like to smell of Origins products, I may repurchase this sometime in the future.
- Kit Hand Cream Fresh Pear, Crisp Apple and Vanilla 75ml – I really wanted to love this hand cream, it smells amazing probably the nicest cream I’ve ever smelled however it just did not moisturise my hands well at all. It seemed to just disappear two minutes after applying and left my hands drier than ever.
- Kosmea Purifying Cleanser, Daily Facial Exfoliant, Clarifying Facial Wash 20ml, Hydrating Rosewater Mist 25ml – Kosmea always have these great deals where if you order over a certain amount they’ll send you a pack of travel size products. I’m always taking advantage of these deals however the only products I like to buy in the full sizes for me personally are the Daily Facial Exfoliant and Hydrating Rosewater Mist.
- Jurlique Purely Age Defying Ultra Firm and Lift Cream 5ml – This sample came out of a beauty subscription box, I wasn’t particularly enamoured with it from memory but it was such a small sample I couldn’t really form a well rounded opinion on this basis alone.
- Cargo Triple Action Mascara 4.5ml - I’m a mascara fanatic and this one has been reviewed and used so it’s time to chuck out.
- L’Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes Mascara 14ml – Have written up a review of this to come in the next few weeks, I like it but wasn’t that keen on the idea of the primer.
- Shiseido Sun Protection Compact - Great powder foundation with SPF 30, love wearing this on it’s own in summer when it’s just too hot to be wearing liquid foundations that slide off everywhere.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion 3.7ml – This came with a palette and while I do think UDPP works quite well I think Too Face Shadow Insurance works much more effectively on me. I have another one of these minis to use up but I wouldn’t ever just purchase this on its own.
- Maybelline Great Lash Big Mascara 10ml – Have reviewed this and while I think it’s good it’s not the best.
- Okoii Green Tea Moisturiser 15gm - I want to buy more of this but I have so many products to use up, this feels so light yet moisturises so well. I’ve started to realise that thick, rich moisturisers don’t agree with my skin and this is just so soothing. I will be buying this again for sure.
Huge month for empties, I’m really trying to downsize and cull down my collection of products. My mum and friends are all benefiting from it since I’m constantly giving away things. I’ve also been pretty good with curbing my spending on beauty products this month however I did make a rather large Topshop order… I just couldn’t resist!
Search Beauty in the Sky
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (1)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (5)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (16)
- September 2012 (10)
- August 2012 (13)
- July 2012 (13)
- June 2012 (8)
- May 2012 (16)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (18)
- February 2012 (21)
- January 2012 (20)
- December 2011 (19)
- November 2011 (32)
- October 2011 (35)
- September 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (7)
- June 2011 (17)
- May 2011 (29)
- April 2011 (15)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (2)
Fast Free Shipping Worldwide