I’m currently in Melbourne for a holiday and went on a little shopping spree yesterday, here is what I picked up:
The first place I hit up was Priceline, because I’m participating in The Beast & Beauty Valentine’s Blog Swap I wanted to make sure I include some great Australian makeup products to send my Valentine. More on those products later but I did pick up three items for myself:
- Prestige Clear Brow Gel $12.95AUD – The only reason I bought this was because I forgot to bring any brow gel to Melbourne with me and my brows are an unkempt mess without it.
- Australis Show Stopper Gloss Stick in Fireworks $12.95AUD – This is the most gorgeous glitter red lip crayon, I’ll do a more comprehensive review at a later date.
- Australis Crystal Colour Topcoat $8.95AUD – I’ve been dying to try these holographic nail polishes with flakies and when I heard that Australis came out with their own version I had to pick one up.
Next stop was the Illamasqua counter at Myer, no trip to Melbourne is complete without a little Illamasqua binge.
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation $65.00AUD – I was matched to shade no. 11 and I’ve only used once but I’m loving it so far.
- Illamasqua Powder Foundation $55.00AUD – I loved the look of this pressed powder on my skin over the Skin Base so I picked one up in shade PF233, I have misgivings about the packaging though and so I’ll review it more comprehensively at a later date.
Groove in Melbourne Central is one of the few places to get Nyx Cosmetics so I picked up:
- Nyx Eyeshadows in Odyssey, Black Sparkle and Exotic Green for $8.00AUD each
- Nyx Round Lipgloss in Wild Orchid $5.00AUD – I’m obsessed with dark purple lip colours at the moment so I had to pick this up.
The Face Shop in Melbourne Central, I just picked up a few sheet masks:
- Real Nature Mask Cucumber $3.00AUD
- Real Nature Mask Rice $3.00AUD
- Essential Mask Sheet Collagen $3.00AUD
After leaving Melbourne Central I stumbled across this cute little Asian homewares shop on Lonsdale St (City Homewares, 272 Lonsdale St) They sold a good selection of cosmetics and sheet masks. The sheet masks were cheaper than the ones at the Face Shop although they only had two types I picked some up:
- Scandal Duo Eyeshadow in Gold and Dark Brown $15.00AUD
- Skin Food Aloe Sun BB Cream $39.90AUD – This is the first proper Korean BB Cream I’ve ever bought as I’ve only tried the Australian incarnations (Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector and Biotherm) so I’m very keen to give this a go and see what the results are like.
- Scandal Aloe Collagen Mask $2.50AUD each – I picked up two of these as Collagen masks are my favourite in my limited experience of sheet masks.
- Scandal Cucumber Collagen Mask $2.50AUD each – I picked up two of these as well.
I’m very pleased with all my purchases and can’t wait to start reviewing and playing with everything, I’m also very proud of myself for managing to take down the pricing and shop information as well as photograph each product immediately after getting home, normally this type of post from me goes up months after the fact not simply a day. I’m trying to be a much more organised blogger this year!
Search Beauty in the Sky
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (3)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (1)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (5)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (16)
- September 2012 (10)
- August 2012 (13)
- July 2012 (13)
- June 2012 (8)
- May 2012 (16)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (18)
- February 2012 (21)
- January 2012 (20)
- December 2011 (19)
- November 2011 (32)
- October 2011 (35)
- September 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (7)
- June 2011 (17)
- May 2011 (29)
- April 2011 (15)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (2)