At 2:00pm after a fun filled day spending up big at IMATS we made our way back to the Novotel for the Beauty Directory Event lead by the founder of Beauty Directory, Jackie Maxted. I warn you this is quite a wordy post and will probably be of more interest to fellow beauty bloggers than anyone else as this was an informative session.
We were given information about some new products.
Lapurete: A skin care range that touts itself as natures alternative to botox. Peter Rays gave us some background into the range that uses the Okuru plant, a plant that grows in Western Africa which the locals have been using for centuries as it has high nutritional value and amazing benefits of minimising expression lines. I was given the La Purite night cream to trial and I can’t wait to start using it.
The Purist Company: Iona introduced us to the The Pure Therapy range which was developed to address a number of common skin concerns such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. The products contain a unique blend of natural ingredients to help nurture and maintain the skin’s barrier function by replenishing moisture, Piroctone Olamine to help control the appearance of dry flaky skin and Colloidal Oatmeal to help soothe and reduce dry skin redness by moisturising the skin. We were lucky enough to be given a goodie bag containing a shampoo, conditioner, body cleanser, body moisturiser and the intensive repair gel.
Tri-shave: Larissa told us about these products that were developed for men and women to prevent shaving rash. The products don’t sting or clog pores and work as a moisturiser, antiseptic and shaving cream in one. We were gifted with the 3 in 1 Anti-rash shave cream in the men and women’s formula, the 3 in 1 Post Shave Moisturising Lotion and the SPF 30 UV Body Defence Post Shave Moisturiser.
Jackie then came back up to give us some tips on how to handle relationships with PR’s. I thought this was invaluable as I’m new to this whole game and want to push my blog to be a success and these relationships are key to that success. Some of Jackie’s tips:
- Approach with a friendly respect.
- Always reply to invitations.
- Don’t say you can attend functions then not show up.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for an invite but make sure you can justify why you should be granted an invite.
- Let PR’s know that you are out there.
- Remember that the PR needs to justify why you were sent a product so be respectful.
- Be prepared to talk about your blog in a snapshot, build a PR kit.
- Use constructive criticism, good and bad points.
- If you have asked the PR for a product and you feel you will write a negative review chat to the PR first and maybe send the product back.
- Send a link to your review within a week of publication to the PR.
- Handwritten thank you notes go a long way and PR’s appreciate the gesture because they give so much out they love to get a personalised thank you in return.
- Think of your audience when writing a review, whether you have 10 readers or 10,000.
- Find your point of difference and execute that in a way that is educational to your reader.
- Spelling and grammar are extremely important.
Search Beauty in the Sky
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (1)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (5)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (16)
- September 2012 (10)
- August 2012 (13)
- July 2012 (13)
- June 2012 (8)
- May 2012 (16)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (18)
- February 2012 (21)
- January 2012 (20)
- December 2011 (19)
- November 2011 (32)
- October 2011 (35)
- September 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (7)
- June 2011 (17)
- May 2011 (29)
- April 2011 (15)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (2)
Fast Free Shipping Worldwide