You don’t need to spend a fortune to find good quality colour cosmetics these days, if you are willing to compromise on fancy packaging there are so many options available these days. One such brand is Boe Beauty available from Big W which has quite a large selection of products available for $2 each. I was invited to sample some products from the range and I’m pleased to say that this brand will not disappoint.
The lip products a lot of fun to review, it’s great to see such an accessible brand marketing lip creams and lip crayons which are all the rage at the moment.
Coral Kisses Lipstick – The packaging of this is somewhat similar to that of BYS in that it does feel cheap although I thought it felt more sturdy than its BYS counterpart. This glides on beautifully and contains a little bit of shimmer, it has a very subtle vanilla scent. There’s no way you’d ever think you were wearing a $2 lipstick!
Peach Bellini Lip Gloss – A glittery pale peach lipgloss in a tube, not really my cup of tea but definitely would suit teen girls who want something subtle yet with a little sparkle.
Blush Pink Matte Lip Cream – This doesn’t dry matte as the name would have you believe, it has a little bit of shine without having the wet look and sticky feel of a gloss.
Better Bare Jumbo Lips – This wind up lip pencils reminds me a lot of those by Face of Australia, it was a lot more pigmented than I was expecting from such a budget brand. It applied smoothly and while not the most long lasting it was extremely comfortable to wear and easy to apply.
I’ll be doing a separate post on the powder products and nail polish I received at a later date.
*Products provided for review in accordance with this sites disclosure policy.
I had my February Lust Have it! and Violet Boxes all ready to photograph and blog about then I got called out for a two day trip with work so I’ve been a little slow to get this review posted.
- Red Carpet Kolour – This contained a couple of sachets of the medium body glow, a luminous body lotion that is supposed to stay put and not transfer onto clothes. It’s meant to provide coverage for imperfections such as pigmentations, veins, cellulite and stretch marks, age spots and wrinkles. I had though that this was a self tanner at first however it is not so I can see myself trying this on my legs next time I’m wearing a cute dress.
- Nuxe Creme Nirvanesque (15ml) – This is a First Expression Lines Cream designed to de-stress and relax expression lines.
- Be a Bombshell “The One Stick” (Full Size $21) – An all-in-one multiple stick designed to be applied to eyelids, cheeks or lips. The shade I was given is called Girl Crush a shimmering pink champagne.
- Wotnot Natural Organic Facial Wipes (5 pack) – This is the first facial wipe with 100% natural with certified organic ingredients.
- Aphelia Oasis Acne Solution (2ml) – This is a vial of herbal acne solution that doesn’t contain any Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid.
- Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon (Full sizw $19) – I received the shade Some Beach a shimmering coral pink. This doesn’t apply very pigmented however it can be built up for a more solid colour.
My favourite part about Violet Boxes is the fact that they always include some full-size makeup products, I’ll be trying everything in this months box.
You can subscribe to Violet Box by following the link.
*Product was kindly provided for consideration, and was reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive Skin (7ml) – This product is designed to exfoliate, refine and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, lighten hyperpigmentaion and deliver a spa grade exfoliation.
- The Cosmetic Kitchen Eyeshadow ($22.50) – I received the shade Gold Leaf, a pure mineral eyeshadow that can be used either dry or damp. Certified cruelty free and vegan.
- The Cosmetic Kitchen ($22.50) – Full size powder brush, this was extremely disappointing as the brush handle came out of the ferule the moment I removed it from it’s packaging. The brush head itself is beautiful and soft so I may attempt to glue the brush back together and use it as an on the go travel brush.
- Vaseline Ultimate 10 Anti-Aging Body Lotion (25ml) -
- Clairol Professional Colour Radiance Shampoo (50ml) -
- Clairol Professional Expand Volume Mousse (50ml) -
- Hand Spa Bijoux Hand Wipe ($1.50) – This is a natural cotton, non-woven fabric wipe infused with organic fulvic acid, hyaluronic acid, royal jelly, glycerin and soy bean extract designed to deeply nourish and moisturise your hands.
There were a couple of extra items in the box this month, a voucher for a free Harvest Box with the purchase of one $7.95 Harvest Box and a 10ml bottle of S0…? Sinful Eau De Toilette. Absolutely love the perfume, perfect for travel and has the sweetness of a Victoria’s Secret fragrance which I’m loving throwing on for work lately.
Lust Have It! costs $19.95 a month, and you can sign up here. Don’t forget you can also get $5 off your first box by using codeword: SKY
The Benefit She’s so Jetset palette was released in the holiday season last year and ever since I saw the gorgeous retro flight attendant illustrations on the packaging I’d been wanting to get my hands on this kit. I was putting together a rather large order from the Benefit website when I impulsively decided to add this palette to my order:
15ml The Porefessional – I’ve heard so many good things about this primer and receiving this miniature version in this kit is a great way of testing it out without having to commit to purchasing the full size.
Eyeshadows in Champagne Please, Gold Card, Pretty in Mink and Elegant Espresso – The four eyeshadows in neutral shimmery tones are smooth and pigmented, these are perfect for everyday wear and the colours I just can’t seem to get enough of when combined in a palette.
First Class Face Powder – This is a pretty cheek duo featuring a pale pink highlighter colour and peachy pink blush colour that seems like a paler version of coralista.
Life on the A-List Lip gloss – I’m not a huge fan of pale pink lipglosses but this a glowy shimmer to it, it’s not too sticky and a nice fruity scent.
They’re Real Mascara – I’ve been dying to try this mascara after hearing so many positive reviews about it for so long and so I’m really happy this miniature version was included in the kit. I find this gives me long, thick luscious lashes but it makes my eyes a little bit itchy and irritated. Every time I wear this mascara I end up regretting it due to the irritation but it makes my lashes look so damn good I keep going back for more.
This is a beautiful set however it is not the most practical size to tote around, I like that all of the products can be removed from the box so that it can be used later on to hold knick knacks and jewellery. The powder products can probably be depotted very easily from the cardboard base so maybe I’ll attempt that in future if I get a freestyle palette to keep them in.
Valentines Day is only two days away and in honour of this I’ve teamed up with Palmolive for a giveaway. You’ll have the chance to win one of 15 pampering packs containing:
- Palmolive Ayurituel Joyous Body Wash: Infused with the extract of Indian Mulberry and Lotus Flower, this vibrant gel has a delicate flowery scent that uplifts your senses allowing you to bask in mother nature’s more simple pleasures.
- Palmolive Body Butter Strawberry Smoother: The Palmolive Naturals Strawberry Smoother Body Butter Body Wash uses small exfoliating particles which work to scrub away old cells and leave your skin’s surface looking soft and supple. Gentle enough to be used as part of your daily beauty regime, you’ll be blown away by the gorgeous berry fragrance that lingers on your skin after each wash.
- Palmolive Natural Intensive Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner: is enriched with luscious ingredients of 100% natural pure milk proteins and luxurious coco cream, which will help transform your hair into gorgeous locks that look and feel beautifully moisturised and hydrated. With an exotic and alluring fragrance to boot, Palmolive Naturals Intensive Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner restores softness and manageability back into your hair by penetrating each hair strand from root to tip.
Search Beauty in the Sky
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (3)
- December 2013 (3)
- November 2013 (1)
- October 2013 (6)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (5)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (16)
- September 2012 (10)
- August 2012 (13)
- July 2012 (13)
- June 2012 (8)
- May 2012 (16)
- April 2012 (21)
- March 2012 (18)
- February 2012 (21)
- January 2012 (20)
- December 2011 (19)
- November 2011 (32)
- October 2011 (35)
- September 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (7)
- June 2011 (17)
- May 2011 (29)
- April 2011 (15)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (2)